Unable to burn dvds

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bogboy1978, Jan 23, 2010.

1. bogboy1978

bogboy1978 Private E-2

For the last few days every time I try to burn a dvd the writing software is going through the entire burn process and telling me it has succeeded and yet at the end the disk is still completely blank. It does not matter what I am burning or what i am burning it with I always get the same result. Nero, Windows Vista itself and Convert X To dvd are all doing it. I can burn cds still, but dvd burning has stopped. The drive will still read disks that i burned previously. I did hear that other programs can interfere with these things but no information on which ones.

2. T Slavin

T Slavin Private First Class

have you checked to see if the "burnt disk" has any data on them? This happened to me after a windows update and it was making a iso data disk instead of a dvd disk.
    Check the settings on the burner and locate the folder it is storing the info in and see if it is also storing the data there also.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds