Unable to change screen resolution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dolphinocean, Mar 13, 2012.

1. dolphinocean

dolphinocean Private E-2

I cannot change my screen resolution from 1024 x 576 to 1024 x 768. The slider won't slide when I tried to move it to the right. The display box showed "1. Plug and Play Monitor on Mobile Intel (R) 945 Express Chipset Family". I tried to choose "2. (Default Monitor) on Mobile Intel (R) 945 Express Chipset Family". It would slide to 1024 x 768 pixels but would revert back after I click "Apply".

My computer is a HP Mini 110-1012NR Notebook PC. Please help.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

3. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Your screen cant display that resolution the max it will do is 1024x576. Changing the res to 1024x768 would change the aspect ratio, the screen would then resize and it would look like someone has sat on your desktop. Why would you want to change it?

When you change it to "2. (Default Monitor) on Mobile Intel (R) 945 Express Chipset Family" you are selecting the VGA output for an external monitor. when you change the resolution on this setting you are changing the resolution on yor VGA out so you are not affecting the netbook screen.

In short you cant do what you are trying to and you shouldnt want too either.

4. dolphinocean

dolphinocean Private E-2

Thanks for the replies. I needed to change the resolution because I just bought a digital camera and was trying to install the software for my new camera. The installation was stalled due to the screen resolution being not up to the software specification which required 1024 x 786 pixels.

But, I did find the resolution from the HP Help and Support Center for my specific problem, though I had to tweak a bit to my situation. For future users who might have similar problem, here's the link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=3979272&sw_lang=

When I click on the Monitor tab, there is no "List All Modes button" in mine. So, I couldn't follow that step. Instead I uncheck the box that said "Hide modes that this computer cannot display" and then click Apply. Then I went back and now I could slide the bar to 1024 x 786 then click Apply. After that my installation went through without any problem.

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks for posting your fix. I'm sure it will help others in similar situations. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds