Unable To Connect To Any Adobe Site/or The Adobe Server

Discussion in 'Software' started by avz10, Aug 11, 2016.

1. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

I am currently experiency teething problems with video editing and have been posting on the adobe community forums. Since approximately 3 days ago, I am unable to access any website if the word "adobe" appears in the URL.

I have three browsers installed- using mostly Chrome, also Firefox and Edge. I have only my desktop at home, using Windows 10, but have not yet installed the anniversary update. None of these browsers connects. However if I use my Samsung S6, then there is no problem, even if it is connected by WiFi to my router.

The message that I receive is:
    "This site can't be reached. The connection was reset.
    Try:
    Checking the connection
    1. Checking the proxy and the firewall"

Posts that I have read, suggested that the problem could be with the firewall- I turned the firewall off.

Other posts suggested it could be the hosts file- I had it changed by a program "hostess"

I uninstalled all my Adobe products, but nothing helps.

Please advise

Attached Files:

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Check that you don't have any 'cracked' Adobe pay software installed, part of many cracks are things like .dll changes, which block access to license sites.

To reset the hosts file to MS defaults, delete it and reboot.

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Disabling your FW for a short time, to troubleshoot, is fine. But turning it off completely is not a good idea.
    Post links to the actual adobe sites you have a problem with, and confirm what version numbers of any Adobe programs you have installed.
    Unless any of those sites, in their exact form are in the Hosts file, then it wont be that. Editing a hosts file is easy if they are.

4. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

I forgot to mention that only Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Elements were installed. They were working fine even after the problem started.
    I am currently editing a wedding video and haven't done so for a few years, so I had a lot of questions regarding the different video formats which were used when the function was taped. So I posted on the Adobe Community Premiere Elements Forum.
    When I wanted to follow-up up with another post, I could not access the forum. Initially I thought it was just a temporary hiccup with their server, as I could access all other sites. I then tried different Adobe sites eg Adobe. com, and none would open.
    So, in summary, before I uninstalled the Adobe programs, they were working fine, but the problem lies with my connection to Adobe itself.
    I could find similar problems with Adobe on other computer forums and there the suggestions came to look at the hosts file and the firewall. Most had to do with the subscription service.
    Both my programs are genuine and not pirates.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have you tried a different search engine?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds