Unable to connect to Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by brenhen, Oct 14, 2009.

1. brenhen

brenhen Private E-2

I am using Window XP and trying to connect to the internet with IE. but about 4 months ago it stopped allowing me to connect -also I am unable to use AOL it states a file needs to be restored - IE message says can not connect to the internet- I tried Dyanostic tools and it says I am connected to the internet but still cannot do anything with IE. I downloaded Firefox and connect with that and have had no problems .. However I need IE for my husband to connect for his work...have read various posts and tried a number of different suggestions- but it does not fix the problem- from trying to uninstall and reinstalling IE to checking boxes under tools. I spoke to my internet provider and they checked various things on their end - but ended up telling me it wasn't their issue and to contact IE...I have ran a Malware program too.. I feel like I have exhusted my ablities to try to fix the issue and would greatly appreciate help!! Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.:-o

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds