Unable to get into Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by fritz614, Aug 30, 2007.

1. fritz614

fritz614 Private E-2

OK, here is my problem. I had a a Trojan that I finally was able to get rid of. My problem now is I am unable to boot into Safe Mode. What happens when I try ti get into Safe mode is I get the screen the the multiple drivers loading filling up the screen, then it instantly reboots on its own and go back to the Toshiba startup splash screen, then to the screen asking if I want to go into Safe Mode, Last Know Configuration, Normal Start Mode, etc..... No matter how many times I try, I can not get into Safe Mode. I can boot into windows normally just fine.

I have seen where others with a similar type thing have tried to force it by changing it in MSCONFIG to go to Safe Mode, but then they are in a continuous loop of not being able to get into either.

This is on a Toshiba Laptop L25 running WinXp Home SP2 with Intel Celeron. The only thing I have for a CD is the repair CD provided by Toshiba. If I try to do a repair of WinXP, will this CD work. I have read in other places on the net that it will not work, that it will install a fresh copy and I loose everything.

Any ideas? suggestions? thoughts? opinions?

Thanks! :D

2. fritz614

fritz614 Private E-2

I managed to download a copy of WinXP Home and then used it to REPAIR my copy of Windows, avoiding the use of my Toshiba CD which would have erased everything. It allowed me to enter MY Product Code and everything seems to be working now. I am able to boot into safe mode and regular mode.

Anyone else reading this: You will need to apply Microsoft updates after finishing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds