unable to install Fax Console in Windows xp

Discussion in 'Software' started by ladee_katt, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ladee_katt

ladee_katt Private E-2

I am trying to install the Fax Console in Windows XP, and although I now have a folder that says fax in start\programs\accessories\communitcation\fax, beside "fax" where it should say fax console, instead it says empty. I'm read to pull my hair out over this. I've tried 5 times, and each time I get nothing but an empty folder. Can anyone help?

2. ladee_katt

ladee_katt Private E-2

3. ladee_katt

ladee_katt Private E-2

If someone could please respond, I have now run PC Doctor to check that my fax modem is working properly. It passed all tests except the "modem self testing loopback test" saying it is not supported. I would assume that by this, all is well with my modem, and it's connection, and that the problem is installing the program to access my fax modem. Thanks in advance. :)

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

5. cheyenne

cheyenne Private E-2

I too would like help with this issue, each time I run the add windows components it says I finished but my fax remains empty. I have done a windows repair (useless time waster) an SFC scan (nothing) called both dell and microsoft for support (no Luck, most of the support techs don't even seem to be aware you can use it to send a fax without a fax machine)But a Microsoft tech did lead me to Mighty Fax, A reasonably priced stand alone fax program with a fully functional 30 day trial.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds