Unable to Install Windows Updates for Months

Discussion in 'Software' started by Erogassa, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Erogassa

Erogassa Private E-2

Greetings,

I originally thought it was a Malware issue tampering with the computer. But after going over it withchaslang, we determined it wasn't. I am getting a Code 80242014 error whenever I attempt to install a Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976972). Below are listed the details for one such install failure.

Installation date: ‎6/‎26/‎2010 12:51 AM

Installation status: Pending

Error details: Code 80242014

Update type: Recommended

You may encounter problems when you move data over USB from a Windows 7-based or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that has an NVIDIA USB EHCI chipset and at least 4GB of RAM.
    Thanks,

2. GringoCowboy

GringoCowboy Private E-2

3. Erogassa

Erogassa Private E-2

When I attempted to install that pact it said it was already installed. However, when I go to restart my computer and finalize the install it freezes and restarts without fully installing it.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Erogassa, I would suggest going to Windows Update, and click the contact us, by e-mail and informing Microsoft of the error codes you are getting. I don't have Windows 7, but I do have XP, and have encountered errors with updates, and they were quite helpful in finding a solution.

There will be a form to fill out, and you should post as much info as you can like you did here: error coed, details, etc. You should get an answer back from Microsoft in 24 hours.

Hope this helps you. ;)

5. gary47290

gary47290 Private E-2

What about other than NVIDIA USB host? I have the same symptoms on a Dell running Windows 7 with the Intel USB EHCI.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds