Unable to Locate Language DLL

Discussion in 'Software' started by rocasan, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocasan

rocasan Private E-2

Windows XP Home SP3
    Internet Explorer 8
    =================
    When I boot my computer, I get the following message:

"Unable to locate Language DLL - \language\english.dll

Tab: OK "

Please let me know how to eliminate this error.

Thank you.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. rocasan

rocasan Private E-2

Thank you for your reply.

No, I do not have Office 97.

I have Microsoft Word.

Thank you.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

When did this problem start? Did you install any software or make any software updates just prior to this problem starting?

5. rocasan

rocasan Private E-2

The problem started a couple of days ago.

I had no new software installed.

No updates or upgrades.

Thank you.

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

A corrupt english.dll file seems to be your problem. So, the solution seems to be replacing your english.dll file.

You might go to http://dllcity.com/download-free-dll-file-english.html, click the link for Repair/Fix english.dll, and allow that file to execute, meaning install english.dll in your system. I have not used that site so I can't vouch for the validity of anything you might download from it. I checked WOT (Web of Trust); dllcity.com is shown at http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.dllcity.com and seems OK, but they also seem to have very little information about it.

7. rocasan

rocasan Private E-2

I followed your instructions using the link, but did not work.

I still have the same problem.

Thank you.

8. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I suggest you run SFC (System File Checker). To do this:

1. Locate your Windows XP installation CD. If you don't have one, you'll need to locate a directory on your system that's named"i386" (without the quotes). This directory may be on a hidden partition on your hard drive.

2. Go to Start, then to Run, and type in "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW" (without the quotes - and with a space between the SFC.EXE and the /SCANNOW). The press Enter.

9. rocasan

rocasan Private E-2

Thank you for your reply.

I did scf /scannow and still have the problem.

Thanks again.

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its very possible that this dll is not a Windows one but linked to an application that you may have uninstalled or is corrupted, so try this for me....

Download StartupCPL and then run it and untick all startups in each of the tabs, then reboot, has the message gone?

If so then please list all the startups that are in the menus or tick to enable one at a time and reboot until the message reapears and the last one you ticked before message came up what is its name?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds