Unable to login as Admin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by capparella, Feb 12, 2015.

1. capparella

capparella Private E-2

I am unable to do any new uploads or updates to software on my Windows 8 -64. I noticed the problem a few months ago when I had some malware issues and now it is getting frustrating. It claims I do not have admin rights, however I am the only user on the computer. When the pop up box for USER ACCOUNT CONTROL comes up, it asks if I want to allow changes and to continue, type in a password. There is nowhere for me to type in a password? The yes box is dim while the no box is lit up. Any ideas?

2. capparella

capparella Private E-2

Yes. It does allow me to attempt to install the application. With it being in safe mode it finally gives me an opportunity to use an admin password, however the password is not working. Any possible work arounds or ways to avoid needing an admin user to allow it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds