Unable to move the address bar in IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by F18delta, Oct 14, 2003.

1. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

Not to mention that I can't uncheck any of the other little goodies (like address bar, standard buttons, or anything other than text labels in the view --> toolbars menu). It's IE 6.0 SP1 on a 98 PC. Any clues?

2. Chepi

Chepi Private E-2

Did you try right clicking in the footer of the page and unchecking lock toolbars ?

That should work.

3. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

Tried that, but it doesn't show any lock or unlock option.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if you right click on an empty grey part of the tool bar the drop down menu should show "unlock toolbar"

5. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

I've tried that, but for some reason, it's not showing lock or unlock. All the options, except "show text labels" are greyed out. I'm about to go through uninstall hades with this I have a feeling.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

naw.. there's always a reg entry.. ;)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

open the key that says locked and change the value to 0

7. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

Still a no-go. Any other ideas?

8. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

Well, I deleted:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar and
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

It didn't allow me to unlock the toolbar completely, but it did all the address bar to go back to it's original position. Such is life and now my "power surfer" is now happy. Or at least he will be when he comes back in to work tomorrow.

:D Thanks for all the suggestions and help all. :D

9. Mocean

Mocean Guest

......Ummmmmmm I don't think anywhere in Kodo's post he said "delete" dude....

10. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

You are correct! But I did back up the keys before deleting them, so life is good. Either way, it worked well, and it only took me all day.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds