Unable to open any .EXE programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by GreenHorn Geek, Jan 2, 2007.

1. GreenHorn Geek

GreenHorn Geek Private E-2

Removed program that enable .EXE programs to run, by mistake:0 ....Unable to open any .EXE programs which prevents me from opening my dialup, an .EXE program, to get online for help with that puter. System restore has no restore points to refresh to, cannot access the Windows XP CD for reinstall as it's .EXE as well? When attempt to open .EXE programs, wanring states needs to know what program created it, choice to go online to fuind program-which I cannot get online, or choose from a list of programs, and the .exe program is not in list. Any help would be appreciated....
    usnoidea@netzero.net

2. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

strange, I was sure I already posted here but I can't see my post....:confused:
    Anyway, Greenjorn Geek, what kind of programme can be responsible for exe files and how can you uninstall it? Without exe files the PC can't work at all :eek:.
    Also, don't expose your e-mail addy on forums cuz spamers will be ringing your doorbell ;).

Edit: lol, I just noticed there are two threads. You shouldn't do that Green, see what happens?

3. GreenHorn Geek

GreenHorn Geek Private E-2

I'm not sure what program is responsible for the .exe programs to run....I accidentally deleted it and stupidily...if a word....run "CleanCache" which removed any hope of retrieving it via a sys/rstore, ETC....Ouch! I'm stuck in the nohope zone unless a GeekMind has hope....

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds