Unable to open Major Geeks web page. I can see the side menues but cannot access

Discussion in 'Software' started by Judge mitchell, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Judge mitchell

Judge mitchell Private E-2

I am introducing my girlfriend toyour site, on an old windows XP computer with internet exploere 8, I can open the main page and see the side menues but not open them , there is nothing in middle of the page. I can open the forem only . Any ideas.:but I just used my google G-Slate pad and it opened right up.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I fired up my XP SP2 partition and opened IE 8, which I only use to update Windows.

Here is the main page of MajorGeeks which I took a few minutes ago
    sorry for the large display, thumbnails aren't working properly on any forum I try to use them
    [​IMG]

as you can see there is no problem on an XP computer (it will be 5 years old next month) running IE8 on MajorGeeks site.

I looked through the security settings and most of .NET framework is enabled (not sure if it is needed on MG site) and most of ActiveX is disabled.

I don't know where to tell you to start troubleshooting.

3. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Have you tried to reset all the IE 8 settings back to their defaults?

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

And sometimes it helps to use the F5 key (Reload) on websites that do not load on the first attempt.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds