Unable to share files and folders with Norton Installed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MadLin, Jun 11, 2005.

1. MadLin

MadLin Private E-2

Hi :D I got my wireless network working with WEP but when I reinstalled Norton I was unable to access the shared files/folders again. So I removed it and was able to access my shared files/folders. So i decided to try AVG to see if that had adverse effects on my network and to my suprise it didn't. I was and am still able to access my network shared folders. Does anyone have any clue as to why I can not use Norton with WEP? Is there some sort of switch I need to turn on or off when using Norton? Please help. THNX :eek:

2. NoRuff

NoRuff Private E-2

what versoin of norton do you have 2004 or 2005

3. MadLin

MadLin Private E-2

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Norton is product line name, there are few products called Norton 2005 Firewall, AV etc.

Assuming that you are talking about the firewall: http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted

:D

5. MadLin

MadLin Private E-2

YAH-Internet security, firwall and intrusion detection. I disabled it and it seems to work fine now. If you have any input or additional info please let me know :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds