Unable to start the application-the Java Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Software' started by RezRunner, Aug 11, 2007.

1. RezRunner

RezRunner Private E-2

Unable to start the application-the Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded.
    Class not registered

Well thats the error I get. I was trying to use my HP all in one to scan (Which I don't do but once in a blue moon) and I can't get it to work. It was working but I downloaded Java from Sun Micro :eek: , and now I get this message. I tried to uninstall the Java to see if that would work but it didn't. Any thoughts?? I mean I could totally wipe my system and start over which I do occasionally just for giggles and grins but I would like to see if I can fix this.

BTW I'm using XP SP2 with most every update except IE 7 :rolleyes:

All help is greatly appreciated.

I will let you know I did google the error message and got something about the whole Microsoft issue with Java Lawsuit blah blah blah. Also I found some threads of what other people have done to try and fix this issue, but I don't have any chickens handy and I can't wait until the moon is in the seventh hour of the seventh day of the seventh... you get what I'm saying.

Once again all help is greatly appreciated.

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

3. RezRunner

RezRunner Private E-2

several times! I downloaded uninstalled and reinstalled a few times still no luck. rolleyes

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Sounds like an issue deeper than I can get into. I'll let one of the better troubleshooters try from here.

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds