Unable to uninstall Office 2007 Trial Version

Discussion in 'Software' started by toehead410, Jul 18, 2008.

1. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Trial period is over and I ain't interested. It is NOT listed in 'Add or Remove Programs' nor does 'CCleaner' list it. Any ideas?

Jason

2. oma

oma MajorGeek

3. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Thanks oma. I had seen that article already and was hoping to find some other method. Mostly because of this statement:
    "Note You should not use this alternative method instead of the recommended method. This is because the alternative method does not completely uninstall the 2007 Office system."
    If I get no better ideas, I'll go through that one tomorrow. Thanks again.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

WOW!! Re: Unable to uninstall Office 2007 Trial Version

Anyone care to guess how many registry entries were found by Revo Uninstaller after it removed MS Office 2007?
    It took longer for Revo to scan and find all the registry entries than it did for Office 2007 to be uninstalled.

See attachment and look in the lower right hand corner of the image. I was shocked!!!

Thumbs up to Revo Uninstaller.

Now, about those registry entries. There is no way I'll be sorting through all of them. Is it safe to select all and remove them all?

Thanks,
    Jason

Attached Files:

6. DavidGP

Hi

Generally Revo is very good in only highlighting the files needed to be removed ( on a quick look all of them in your screenie are associated with Access, but not suprised at the number of registry entries as many will be associated file types to all the Office applications ), but I would backup your registry first and do a system restore point.

Good registry backup util is ERUNT

7. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Oh sh:***! The lights went out just long enough to kill it. I had not removed the registry entries yet. Will it rescan for them?

8. DavidGP

Hi

If it doesnt, then try CCleaner as it should find those orphaned registry keys and allow you to get rid of them.

as in your house power?

9. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Should I remove all of these individually or is there any need for them to stay?

[​IMG]

Yes, my house power. Not sure why, but it was out for 2 or 3 seconds.

10. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

I ran CCleaner. It found only 71 registry entries. Could that have included the thousands of 'sub-entries'?:confused

11. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Ever thought about getting a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply)? I wouldn't be without one. Here's what one well-known company offers: http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13&segmentID=2

12. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Yes, I have thought of it. I may soon, but for now I don't consider anything I do on my home PC to be important enough to spend $$$$ on something that happens so infrequently. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

13. DavidGP

Hi

If you run Revo again does it still show the Office installations, if so then remove all ( all the ones shown in your image above )

Hopefully it will list the registry entries again, if not then run CCleaners registry cleaner a few times as once first keys are deleted it will orphan others and they will show so run the registry cleaner until nothing is found.

But leaving those file associations is no major issue and will not cause problems.

14. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Are there any such applications of this quality for Vista?

15. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you go to the site http://www.revouninstaller.com/
    and scroll to the bottom, it shows it is compatible with Vista.

Since MajorGeeks has millions of software and obviously can't spend hours everyday updating the listings, it is always a good idea to click on the link aside of the word Author and see what the actual website says about the program.

16. DavidGP

Hi

I have personally used that app in Vista and worked fine.

17. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Thanks!!! Used it and it worked great for me.

18. emmesf

emmesf Private E-2

Bumping this old thread to say THANKKKKKK YOUUUUUUU!!!! I was attempting to install Office 2010 but did not first uninstall Office 2007-- it was a nightmare after that because Office 2010 would not completely install -- error messages everywhere -- and when I found out that I was supposed to uninstall Office 2007 first -- too late -- it wouldn't let me... Microsoft wanted $250 for tech support because I purchased the software as a "select student license" --therefore unsupported by them. The online academic store that I purchased it from doesn't seem to think "URGENT HELP NEEDED" is that important.

...and then I found this thread!!!! This helped me out 150% and I can't thank you guys enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:-D;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds