unable to unistall some programs...

Discussion in 'Software' started by jennmomof3, Feb 21, 2008.

1. jennmomof3

jennmomof3 Private First Class

I had some problems with my computer (what's new...hehehe) and had to do a system restore. However, I'm trying to uninstall some programs, and cannot do it. Here's what I get when I go to Add/Delete programs.

Microsoft Office Professional 2007 trial "This product installation has been corrupted. Run set up again from the CD, ....." so I will have to download this again to be able to delete it? It was a trial off of the internet.

Norton 360... "This MSI must be launched through setup" then " Fatal error during installation" On the right hand side where it shows the program size, its blank, no numbers showing size there.

For Photo Toolkit 1.7, SpywareBlaster v 3.5.1 and WebPhoto Album 1.1, I get the same thing for each "File C:\Program Files \ program name\ unins000.dat does not exist. Cannot uninstall"

If you could please tell me what I need to do to delete these, I would appreciate it. Also, I only have 5.93GB free of memory so I can not download any big programs!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. jennmomof3

I got everything but the Office 2007 trial deleted. I tried the link that Roy66 gave me, was doing fine until they wanted me to find some things in the registry. I got lost there. Did get some things from it deleted tho. Still trying to figure this one out. It won't let me install it again either. It is showing up in the Revo uninstaller, but not in Add/Delete programs. any ideas on that?

4. jennmomof3

I have tried all day unsuccessfully to delete this office trial. I even downloaded it again and it wouldn't even finish the install process. Any other ideas?? :cry

5. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

Typically when your instucted to remove registry items the instructions will give you a bunch of search terms that coincide with the programs shortcuts and full names. Then what you do is copy them and go to start > run and type regedit and open the registry, then make sure the top most layer is highlighted (my computer so it will search the entire registry from top to bottom) and open the EDIT tab and select FIND and type in one of the search names you were given. After it finds each entry and you delete it go back into EDIT and select FIND NEXT and it will continue to the end of the registry for that name search. Then go back to the top and do it agin for any other seach terms that were recommended.

You have to be carefull here or you can really do some damage if you delete something you shouldn't, so if the search term is really short (an abrieviation like WRSS "webroot spy sweeper") make sure what it finds is related to your search and not some other thing with those letters before deleteing. And when in doubt, leave it be.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

7. jennmomof3

Appzalien, thank you for your advice and help, however I am not comfy deleting things from the registry. Not knowing a lot about computers, it scares me. :eek:

Adrynalyne, I checked into link, and it said at the very bottom (under where the download link is) in the "read me" part, not to use it for deleting Office products. I did however, go to Programs and delete it from there. It's not showing up in Add/Delete programs, however, if I run Revo Uninstaller that musksnipe gave the link to, it still shows up there. And I cannot get into the program to uninstall it. It uses a lot of "MB's" (according to Revo, it uses 732.07MB's) so that's why I'm trying so hard to get rid of it. With everything I've done and and with all I have deleted, I'm still not seeing my disk space increase.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Ah gotcha, I didnt see that.

9. jennmomof3

Adrynalyne no problem! Thanks for helping me tho!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds