Unable to update with window updates and other problems.

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluewr, May 11, 2012.

1. bluewr

bluewr Private E-2

Hello, my system is window 7 Ultimate 64bit, when I tried to update the latest security update, it failed,

Solution's I've tried

When I check the error code, it tells me that I need to enable these service.
    Background Intelligent Transfer Services,Cryptographic Services , Windows Installer, software licensing service
    When I opened up services.msc
    I am missing Cryptographic Services and software licensing service

I tried this microsoft fixit, but it fails with unexpected error
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us

I have used sfc/scannow in admin mode, but it states it's unable to fix certain error.

I have also tried a repair installation, but it hangs, and is unable to complete, stuck with the please wait error message, even after I unplugged all device and removed all my anti-virus

One thing that might be causing it, is prior to install, it warn me that my version of My HTC might not work in window 7, but I unstalled anything with HTC, and don't see the driver in my system.

I don't really want to do a Clean install, because I have too many things on it currently, and is still moving stuff around.

Any help is appreciated.

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Hello, my system is window 7 Ultimate 64bit, when I tried to update the latest security update, it failed. bluewr <<

Have you tried using the Windows System Restore utility; choosing a 'System Restore Point' that is dated prior to the problem you're currently having?

Good Luck -- COMP

3. bluewr

bluewr Private E-2

I don't have any restore point.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds