Unable To View Photos Attachments in Email?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by piotrmaciej, Jan 10, 2008.

1. piotrmaciej

piotrmaciej Private First Class

I am being sent numerous emails which contain photo attachments, these are the likes of 'this is for real woman banned from Disneyland' obviously some scandalously funny photos etc etc, I am able to read the text but the large windows that should contain the photos are blank! top left hand corner is a red cross, I right click and select show photo but nothing? can anyone solve this problem please?:cry

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

The problem could be with the sender, not your computer. For example, I can set Outlook Express to not send photos with outgoing messages. In that case, I believe the recipient would see a red X where the photo would normally appear.

So, you might start your troubleshooting by confirming that the sender is certain that their email client is sending photos.

Also, please tell us what you are using for email. Outlook Express, Outlook, Thunderbird, webmail, etc.?

3. piotrmaciej

my apologies, I am using 'webmail'(GMAIL) and I know for a fact that my brother in Canada is using 'Outlook' as his mail client.

4. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

In Gmail, there is a link above the email to "Display images below." Do you see that and did you click it? If so, then the likely problem might be that the email has links to images hosted out on the internet somewhere and that host might not be serving them to you. If the emails actually have the images attached, they should show up as an attachment at the bottom. If the email looks like a web page, then it is probably not actually attached to your email.

5. piotrmaciej

Yes, I know there is a link' show images' and of course that is the first thing I do, but still nothing??? all very bizarre, and what of the right click command on the mouse which asks me would I like to 'show picture' yes please but still nothing???:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds