unauthorized file system name change?

Discussion in 'Software' started by diamondaisy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. diamondaisy

diamondaisy Private E-2

The name of my file system used to be Fat32 now is NTFS. Not sure what this means but when i open My Computer and right click on Local Disk C, the first two lines (open & support) are encrypted. All other lines are normal. My computer SEEMS to work fine, I'm just wondering what this means?? Not sure what other system info you need.
    OK i just looked at the System Information & it reads that ntfs is a file system driver and is disabled.? I have also d/l & ran the CCleaner i got from this website.
    Theresa

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

This is a good thing. The filesystem is how your computer references files on the hard drive. NTFS is the latest and greatest for Windows systems, and it has some HUGE perks over FAT32. You're in good shape.

3. diamondaisy

diamondaisy Private E-2

ok thanks. Why exactly are the open and explore now encrypted? When i double click on Local C it still doesn't open.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What do you mean, "encrypted"? Are they greyed out, or are they now gobbledy-gook?

It might be easier to just post a screenshot.

5. diamondaisy

diamondaisy Private E-2

ok i've got the screenshot on my desktop & uploaded to photobucket. how do i get it here? it's gobbledy-gook by the way.

6. diamondaisy

diamondaisy Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds