Unauthorized PC access

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimmy39, May 17, 2012.

1. jimmy39

jimmy39 Private E-2

I have recently discovered that someone has access to my computer, being able to browse through my files and to see everything I do in real time. The weird fact is that I'm NOT connected to the internet (I don't use any ISP services, so I don't have any kind of modem installed), but I'm 100% I'm being watched 24 hours a day. I have reinstalled windows sp sp3 after formatting drive c:, kept KIS 2012 as my protection software (even if I'm not connected to the internet) and disabled the network related services in windows. Despite taking this steps, I still don't have any privacy. Before I connected to the internet using a usb modem for wireless internet, but I gave up my ISP because they spied on me.
    I would like some advice from people with advanced knowledge regarding networking on how to get rid of these intruders. I think the vulnerability is related to some open ports, so any solution to close them is good.
    I'm absolutely convinced this is true.

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Welcome to Majorgeeks!

Your question might best be asked in the malware section since there tends to be more security related help there.

The experts will be able to advise you on security programs and measures that secure your privacy and report activity.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Could you elaborate on how you know someone is 'watching' you?
    What proof? What is happening on your computer?
    BTW Google is watching us all ;)

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

If your computer is not connected to the internet, it can not be accessed remotely. Someone would have to have physical access to it.

You say you got rid of your ISP. Have you turned off your wireless and I'm assuming you are not connecting to a neighbor's network?

As was noted already, if you think that you have malware installed on your computer (which is possible from before when you Were connected to the internet), you will have to perform all steps in this thread: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you are not connected to the internet at the time then a hacking exploit is not going to be the issue for you as that cannot happen. If you have an open wifi connection being one thats not secure WPA etc then its possible for someone very local to you as a neighbour to access files.

but I highly doubt that would be happening unless you have annoyed a neighbour and they are very very tech savvy to be able to access a wifi connection and network.

Why did your ISP spy on you? all ISPs will be in theory spying on us, as they know what we are doing as they will monitor traffic on their network.

Only folk that can likely see in "realtime" what you are doing on a PC if its not connected to the is goverment agencies and in that respect, you'd have to be a wanted criminal and you would not know that anyone from gov was watching your PC movements anyways.

Closing Open Ports if any will not aid you as you stated your are not connected to the internet when this is happening.

I would run the guide that Laura above posted and see if any malicious apps are on your PC.

6. jimmy39

jimmy39 Private E-2

How could someone be able to do this, if I'm not connected to the internet? By the way, I'm not a criminal, I'm a person who values privacy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds