Unavailable space on new hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimobasa, Sep 21, 2008.

1. jimobasa

jimobasa Private E-2

I have a new 250G Hard Drive which has somehow got divided into two. Vista is installed on an 80G partition and I have 152G Unallocated Space. I have asked around and the thing I cannot seem to get anybody to understand is that (a) the 152G is NOT displayed in the list of drives at the top in Computer Management/Disk Management and (b) when I highlight this Unallocated Space, none of the usual options - Format, Shrink Volume, Extend Volume, New Simple Volume etc. - are available to select.
    Therefore I am limited to using just 80g of my 250G Hard Drive and I would be grateful if anybody can come up with a solution so I can begin using this 152G.

2. ero_senin05

ero_senin05 Private E-2

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

All you need to do is allocate a letter to the drive and it will be available

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds