Undelete NTFS files

Discussion in 'Software' started by clikens, Jan 27, 2005.

1. clikens

clikens Private E-2

Does any one know of a program that can be used to undelete NTFS files from DOS. I have deleted essential startup files in the process of trying to clean up viruses, and I don't have any startup disks for my windows nt server.
    PLEASE HELP

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You can't even read ntfs from DOS. Let alone recover files.

This site offers a few apps that can recover deleted files from ntfs. But you'll need to be in windows to use them. So maybe if you can you might want to put this drive into another computer as a secondary drive, then recover the files you need from there.

3. clikens

clikens Private E-2

Yes I know, but there are programs that will allow you to read NTFS files from dos, I have one, but it will not let me undelete them. I was just wondering if there was a similar program that would allow me to restore them

4. Brona

Brona Private E-2

Hi,

If you wish to recover erased data form DOS Uneraser can help you. IMHO it is the most powerful restore utility available. It never failed me before.

http://www.uneraser.com/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds