Underlined file and folder names

Discussion in 'Software' started by Peterd, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Peterd

Peterd Private E-2

I have just reformatted my hard disk and reinstalled XP and all my software. All the folders and file names are underlined. How do I get rid of this annoyance? I am sure there is a simple answer!

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Under Windows Explorer or where?

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Sounds like the desktop is set to be displayed as a web page. Right-click on an empty area on the desktop and be sure that Active Desktop is not checked. That should do it. If not, poke around in the display/desktop settings and somewhere (I don't remeber exactly where) you'll find a spot that says 'display desktop as web page' or something similar. Be sure to turn that off also.... hope this helps!

hopperdave2000 :)

4. Peterd

Peterd Private E-2

After posting this problem I realised that I had not tried My Computer>Tools>Folder Options and so I clicked 'underline icons only when I point to them' which has solved the prolbem.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Nice. Glad you found it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds