Unhealthy Vista, BSOD & Failing Updates - contd.

Discussion in 'Software' started by buffer1984, Nov 30, 2012.

1. buffer1984

buffer1984 Private E-2

Hello,

I'm having trouble with an HP Pavilion dv6000 running Vista Home Premium, aged about 5yrs and last used about 2yrs ago, except until recently when I started work in cleaning and restoring the system. The security installed then was vulnerable to threats.
    I referred to the Malware Removal guide, I then posted in the same section, sought and received help for any remaining infections and have now come through with that treatment. The expert who I was referring to, directed me to post here since the problem is software related.

The list of symptoms are as follows:
    1) wi-fi "off" (orange light indication) even when the switch is "on". A virus scan temporarily enabled it but later the problem reappeared and still remains.

2)Updates to the OS are long overdue and they keep failing.
    e.g:[HP Health Check wizard stopped loading ever since it tried updating itself. 'HP Active Support Library' keeps showing error 2908: could not register component, etc]
    Also the updates don't seem to register, as during shutdown they keep repeating/refreshing.

3)Common occurrences of the Blue Screen system crash when logging off Admin a/c, when trying to update driver (e.g: nVidia using SlimDrivers)

4)Battery seems to drain off quite easily.

Available tools:
    Vista Recovery BootDisk, HP Recovery on D: Partition & another P.C. with internet connection.

The previous thread started in Malware forum is given below.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=269961

Thanks for Helping.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds