uninstalled QucikTime, I have these two programs from apple, inc. keep or remove them

Discussion in 'Software' started by slava11, Sep 2, 2010.

1. slava11

slava11 Private E-2

I used QuickTime player on my windows 7 64 bit PC , didn't like it, removed it using add/remove program. Now I have these two: Apple Application Support Version 1.3.1 and is 42.8 MB and Apple Software update 2.1.1.116, 2.15 MB. They are from Apple, Inc. They are listed on my ad /remove program. My question:Since I have Uninstalled Quick time player, do i need to remove these two files? Are they related to any other important software like (e.g adobe)?
    I have apple support update, which has , as I understand,an update , but I no longer have a Quick Time program. Do I need to get rid of these two programs, and how to do it safely?
    Thanks

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Re: uninstalled QucikTime, I have these two programs from apple, inc. keep or remove

Thanks for raising this matter, slava11.

I will be very interested in any replies as there are a few Apple programs I can't see why I need them.

Bazza

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Re: uninstalled QucikTime, I have these two programs from apple, inc. keep or remove

My guess would be that they are unnecessary, especially the Update - the Application Support has to do with iPhones/iTouch interacting with iTunes, I believe, so if you have none of these devices, it's probably not needed...

If either are listed in your Startup group, try disabling them, seeing if you get any adverse effects - if nothing, then I'd try using any uninstall routine the Apple apps have onboard, then the Windows uninstall if necessary...

4. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I agree with caliban.

5. slaponte

slaponte Private E-2

Actually, even Quicktime doesn't need them, ie you can remove them and leave quicktime on (if you so desire).

One supports the iTouch/iPod and iPhones, the other gets automated software updates for Apple software. They all get installed with iTunes. They also push Safari (web browser) on if you have that.

But they are all individual entities so you can actually remove one or the other without problems. I personally like to shut off all those automated thingies and then do updates WHEN I choose to, don't need them running in the background all the time consuming memory/cpu and slowing down your startup.

6. slava11

slava11 Private E-2

Thank you!
    I deleted both programs, and I have no issue with my PC or programs!

7. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Good job - thanks for the feedback! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds