Uninstalling Outpost Firewall

Discussion in 'Software' started by wilbyforce, Jul 6, 2009.

1. wilbyforce

wilbyforce Private E-2

Hi fellow geeks :)

I recently uninstalled Outpost free firewall but it's left behind two phantom network adaptors (miniports IIRC, I'm not on my PC at the mo) and when I try to remove them it tells me I can't because they're required for startup of the PC.

They don't seem to be doing any harm (I've disabled them) but I'd like to get shut of them if I can. Any ideas?

:)

Thanks.
    Keith.

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Check this link out seems like you have to reistall first to be able to fully uninstall :

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7186

3. wilbyforce

wilbyforce Private E-2

Many thanks, I'll give that a go :)

4. wilbyforce

wilbyforce Private E-2

Ah, thanks for jumping in there. I already have CCleaner but I didn't know you had to run it multiple times. I'll try your solution tonight, thank you again.

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

What are the jv16 power tools like are they a program that can do more harm
    than good ?

6. wilbyforce

wilbyforce Private E-2

Sadly the CCleaner method didn't work and I'm too much of a coward to try the "power" method :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds