Uninstalling PC Inspector

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dolly, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Dolly

Dolly Private E-2

Does anyone have any ideas how to uninstall this program. I have tried to uninstall it by going to add or remove programs. It will not uninstall! When I click on add/remove it does nothing. Is there another way to do this? This has never happened before and it has me quite concerned.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Check the folder it was installed to for a file usually called uninstall.exe or unwise.exe and run those. If not, youll need to manually delete the folder, registry entries (with Reg Cleaner perhaps)

I am downloading and installing it now to test, if I have troubles uninstalling it, it will be removed from MajorGeeks.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

It uninstalled fine here. One thought is it appears the program was updated, so you might want to redownload and install again to uninstall, perhaps there was a previous bug.

4. Dolly

Dolly Private E-2

Uninstall of PCInspector

It took some doing but I did finally get it uninstalled. It seems that everyone I spoke to yesterday had problems with thier PC. Telus must have been having a moment! LOL I did do a restore the other day trying to retrieve the mp3 files that I had lost. Surely those files are hidden somewhere on this PC but they have eluded me thus far.Is it not true that the files you delete hide on your PC somewhere. In a perfect world.... I am just sick about it.1500 songs just gone. Months and months of downloading GONE! I downloaded another recovery program but it couldn't find the lost files either.
    I just assumed that system restore would bring the files back.I even tried 2 different restore points to no avail.
    I goes with out saying that I should have backed up the files in another folder :possibly Musicmatch or something but NOOO.
    I thought the files would be there as well but they weren't. Oh well, back to the drawing board to continue downloading what was lost. If anyone has any ideas at all how to retrieve these files, I certainly appreciate the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds