uninstalling Vista Transformation pack

Discussion in 'Software' started by Meph3495, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

i had downloaded the vista transformation pack that was on majorgeeks in the last 2 weeks i think it was. anyway, it said that it was supported by all versions of windows and i have windows 2000. however it is NOT supported by my OS. in any event i now get .DLL errors when i start my pc up and i can't seem to uninstall the transformation pack. anyone have any ideas?

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

If you still have the download run it again and it will give you the uninstall option. If you dont have it, re-download it and run it, it will give you the uninstall option.

Attached Files:

3. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

thats a no go. lol when i try and start up the install file it just says that its detected an unsupported OS and shuts down. and i'm not sure if theres an uninstaller proogram that might work.

4. bjgarrick

Did it actually install?

If your familiar with HJT, ATTACH a log and we will remove the startup entries that are causing the errors.

5. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

it did partially install yes. i have the Longhorn sidebar and the screen savers and the wallpaper. but some of it dosen't work because i'm using windows 2000. i have used hijack this in the past. i'll download it and post a log.

6. bjgarrick

After you attach it we will remove the startup entries and then procede to remove the files.

7. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

this is what i came up with....

Attached Files:

• hjt.doc
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
  8. bjgarrick

Look in Add/Remove programs just to see if it's listed there, it should be there.

If its not listed, try to install again just to see where it goes? Also, when you initially installed, did it give you the same error?

9. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

when i first installed it, it said that it wasn't suppored under windows 2000. so i figured that was that. but the program installed anyway and when i rebooted like it said to i got the .DLL errors. also it was in my add/remove programs but when i tried to remove it it gave me the same error message ofnot supporting my OS. then it wasn't there all of a sudden. lol how fun is that.

10. bjgarrick

As of right now, is it listed in Add/Remove programs?

11. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

no its now gone.

12. bjgarrick

Fix the below entry with HJT...

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LClock] C:\Program Files\LClock\LClock.exe

Reboot into Safe Mode and delete the folder below:

C:\Program Files\LClock

Reboot back to normal mode and run the below...

Please see the below thread on how to run WinPfind and attach the log.

13. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

after i fixed the file in HJT and deleted the LClock folder the reboot gave me no error messages. and this is what i came up with from WinPFind....

WARNING: not all files found by this scanner are bad. Consult with a knowledgable person before proceeding.

If you see a message in the titlebar saying "Not responding..." you can ignore it. Windows somethimes displays this message due to the high volume of disk I/O. As long as the hard disk light is flashing, the program is still working properly.

Attached Files:

• LOG.txt
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2006
  14. bjgarrick

Navigate to and delete the following file...

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\LClock.cpl

Afterwards, let me know if any of it still remains.

15. Meph3495

Meph3495 Private E-2

worked like a charm!! this is why i come to majorgeeks first. you guys always know the right answers.

16. bjgarrick

Glad to help! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds