unknow device

Discussion in 'Software' started by starshipwarrior, Sep 29, 2004.

1. starshipwarrior

starshipwarrior Private E-2

I have a ATI 9000 Pro - just did a clean install of XP PRO - (about one month ago) All Hds are clean I have DirectX 9c and no sp1 or 2 - I am waiting for the SP2 disk from MS - also Dlink wireless /DVD PX708A w/ new 4.9 cat drivers & control panel

It was working perfect till a few days ago - when I started up it found a new device (WTF) and wanted a driver - checking device manager properities it says that this device is on the 9000 card - o yes it has 6 unknow device all on the card - any body ever heard of this ? Before I do a reinstall of Pro just wanted to monkey with this

Thank you for your time
    Starship Warrior

2. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

I might be saying the obvious, and you have probably already done this, but have you reloaded your card drivers? Are they updated?

If not, get the newest drivers here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4038.html

3. starshipwarrior

starshipwarrior Private E-2

yes I have the latest drivers - I removed all intel drivers and used drive cleaner 2 (three was not out yet) I have just never seen a unknow device pop up and refer to the ATI card - strange problem
    Anyone else have this strange problem or seen this before with ATI cards
    o is it something with XP Pro >?

Starship Warrior

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds