Unknown Driver Download

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dunno, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Dunno

Dunno Private E-2

I just installed Online Armor from Major Geeks 'Author' site. During installation I received a notice from Windows that an unknown driver wanted to install. I had Online Armor (.10) and uninstalled it to download & install the new version (.35). Since I thought the driver was part of the installation, I let it install, but now am concerned I should not have done that. I went back and did a system restore to the point before installation, then installed the newest free version (.35) from a different site. This time no driver tried to install. Perhaps because it already had been installed and the system restore didn't do anything about that? Just need to know if a driver was supposed to install with this installation and, if not, what do I need to do? I don't know how to check to see if a "BAD" driver has been installed that will cause security problems. I have Vista Home 32 Bit and was having problems with OA version .10 - OA advised me to uninstall and install latest .35 version. I haven't gone through setup yet - running my A-Squared scan and Malwarebytes first to be sure I'm clean before trusting everything.

Please advise if drivers being installed on this download/installation is normal and, if not, what I need to do. I truly appreciate your help. Thank you!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Online Armour does install a driver and is part of the install procedure so is normal as I have just installed it on a test Vista 32bit PC now and all is working as it should, no issues.

Think off hand its to do with the firewall or Mail, web filter aspect of the software.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  3. Dunno

Dunno Private E-2

Thanks so much for responding ... I can breathe easy now! :wave

Windey

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes been running it for last hours since posting and all is well with various malware scans etc, and knowing that Online Armour adds a few drivers, you are fine, Online Armour is a reputable company in the security area, so your fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds