Unknown Publisher Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by scully91, Mar 2, 2005.

1. scully91

scully91 Private First Class

I use Ebay for my business and up until some time ago i was only able to use basic picture services to download the pictures which frankly took forever to download (about 2 minutes per picture) and if i tried to use the newer version it offered all i got was a blank white screen with a funny little picture in the corner and then if you look at the attatchment it says the publisher is unknown or something. Anyway one day im sure Ebay said to download a small file or something which i did and lo and behold i could use the updated picture services (about 20 secs per picture). Now all of a sudden its disappeared and as the attatchment shows that is what i now get.
    How i can i get the better way back on my computer. Cheers.

Oh dear it seems my file is 2 kb too large to place on here and i dont know how to make it smaller so if you want to see it then please email me at alanscully@aol.com

It does say "WINDOWS HAS BLOCKED THIS SOFTWARE BECAUSE IT CAN`T VERIFY THE PUBLISHER"
    NAME epuwal CONTROL_v1 (or vl) -0-3-18.cab

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Try this,

On this Internet Explorer windows click on:

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and set "download unsigned ActiveX controls" to "prompt".

Let me know!

3. scully91

scully91 Private First Class

Well i have done that and it seems to have worked.....kind of.
    The `unknown publisher` thing doesnt come up but what i do get is a small box with a red cross in it in the top left corner of the screen and thats it. I have seen this quite often and sometimes i can right click and click on `show picture` and it shows it but that option isnt available here. What next please?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds