Unkown Error Message.

Discussion in 'Software' started by harry, Jan 19, 2004.

1. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

Specs:-
    Mobo- Gigabyte Ga-VT600
    XP Pro Sp 1
    CPU AMD Athlon XP 2400
    80 Gig HDD with 8 gig cache
    512MR Ram

The following message appears at start-up:-
    ? SetValueData@@QAE5ABVCSTRING@@ABV2@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link libary COMCTR.dll

If clicked "OK", message disappears with no obvious ill effects.
    Have had some problems with modem (US Robotics External 56K) recently.
    Is this what "COMCTR" is referring to?
    What does the message mean, and how can I rectify it or get rid of it?
    TIA

Harry.

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Reinstall Logitech Mouseware

According to other people at google-groups, which are having the same problems with COMNCTR.dll, then it seems they are able to solve it by uninstalling Logitech Mouseware (Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel) and then reinstall Logitech Mouseware again.

3. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

Thanks very much Snakefoot. It worked at the third attempt!

Also thanks for pointing out my typo!!! LOL

Harry.

4. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

I spend some on searching for the miss-spelled dll, and did only find homemade DLL's, which caused me some confusion :p

Impressive that you kept on trying with the Logitech thing after the second failure, but glad you have made the error go away :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds