unmountable boot volume BUT....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jkatriny, Jan 24, 2006.

1. jkatriny

jkatriny Private E-2

I installed new memory in my daughters computer the other day and when I turned it back on and fired it up I got a blue screen with the message Unmountable boot volume. I took the drive out and put it in my computer and ran the recovery console and the chkdsk /f command. I rebooted it but the same thing happened, so I put a brand new drive in her computer with XP on it and it seemed fine until the next day when I went to turn it on and got the same darn blue screen. So I figure since this happened to both the hard drives... that it has to be the tower/motherboard, etc., doing it. Can anybody tell me what it might be so I can hurry up and get her computer back up and running?

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Hi m8 :)

So you installed new memory and your harddrive became corrupt,have you tried removing the new memory:confused: ,the chances of it something else corrupting the harddrive at that exact time are slim,the second drive you installed could also have been corrupted this way

How did xp get on this hardrive?Its essential the harddrive is installed into the computer its meant for when xp is installed,if you did a fresh install ignore :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds