Unmountable boot volume

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by godzflava, Nov 23, 2013.

1. godzflava

godzflava Private E-2

Hello. I came home and found my desktop computer off. So I turned it on and it kept rebooting. Every attempt to try to open in the safe mode, ends with an attempt to reboot. So the whole time the computer is on, it continues to try and reboot. I went to the BIOS and try to boot the drive, it came up on a blue screen that said "unmountable boot volume". I don't see how I can boot it even with a disk since I can't even get it to go into the safe mode. Please help. Very important info on my computer. Operating system is XP SP3

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

3. godzflava

godzflava Private E-2

Not sure what information you need. Other than I am running windows xp sp3

4. falconattack

5. godzflava

godzflava Private E-2

This computer was built for me. The only sticker on it is the intel sticker and the windows xp. I followed steps on the link you provided. I typed in chkdsk /r and it check and said completed but I am still waiting for the next prompt.

6. falconattack

You can check the cables , maybe is damaged , you can unplug your hdd trying to connect to another machine checking if it works or not :wave

7. godzflava

godzflava Private E-2

Please forgive me but I am not computer savvy. The computer has a power cord. What cable are you referring to?

8. falconattack

9. godzflava

godzflava Private E-2

Gotcha. How do I know if they are damaged? I don't have another unit I could test them on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds