Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by mtrappett, May 19, 2009.

1. mtrappett

mtrappett Private E-2

Hi there,

I am having problems with my HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC, Vista 64 Home Premium, 4GB RAM, which is driving me crazy! The laptop is approximately one year old, and has no modifications to the original setup. The problem is that I am getting a blue screen forced shutdown that seems to happen very unpredictably? It seems to be happening on average, once a day, and I don't know where to start to trouble shoot the problem? I have verified that all of the drivers, and supporting software which includes the BIOS are all the latest versions. All the Windows Updates are also fully up to date. I have not been able to capture the messages that are generated too clearly from the BSOD other than, "MEMORY CONFLICTS" and IRQN or something like that? I did Google the problem but couldn't really find any good threads on this? There is a dialog that appears after Vista restarts that says, Microsoft will let me know when a solution to this problem is available.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Mark

2. mtrappett

mtrappett Private E-2

Re: Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook

Thank you for the information. I setup my Vista machine to capture Minidumps and attached a zip of the directory. Yesterday was the latest crash 5/28/09. If anyone could please take a look and see what you think?

Thanks again,
    Mark

Attached Files:

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Re: Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook

My first suggestion would be frankly to run a spyware/malware scan. While it might not be anything malicious, there are quite a number of nasty things out there that will cause that problem.

www.malwarebytes.com should help out. You can also see their logo in the upper right corner of the forums main page.

(hope I'm not overstepping bounds here)

4. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Also I'm thinking a boot into Safe Mode, without networking and then running the scan would an idea.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds