Unrecognized data in .bkf file

Discussion in 'Software' started by Big Stu, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Big Stu

Big Stu Private E-2

Hello,
    I recently had to restore my XP Pro system due to an HD failure. After the system was up and running again I spent the next couple of days unloading files from some hard drives I had hanging around and running data recovery software on others. In so doing i found an old backup file (backup.bkf) that I have been trying to open. not sure what's in it as it's almost 2 years old.
    Here's my dilemna; when I run the restore wizard in advanced mode (or any really) and click on the file to catalog it, or expand it, I get a window that pops up titled "Unrecognizable Media" with the info inside of "The backup file contains Unrecognized data and cannot be used."

Is there a solution to this? Any and all assistance would be welcome as I believe it may contain files and photos of and created by my kids when they were younger.

Thanks tons in advance,

BigStu

2. Learning As I Go

Learning As I Go Sergeant

can't help you, but can bump you back to the top :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds