unrecoverable errors, NTLDR Missing!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ej1245, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

AGH, I think I may have serious juju here. My HP pavilion with XPsp2 crashed, I ran chkdsk /p and it said there were unrecoverable errors, so I ran chkdsk /r from the cd repair utilities and it stopped, tried fixboot, can't access safe mode either, tried fixmbr now it boots up and says "NTLDR Missing hit any key to restart". So now I'm stuck, I can only access the bios and the cd rom drive with the xp cd. I read something about creating a xp boot cd and using a prgm called Bcupdate2.exe, but I have a feeling I need to fix the disk somehow??? and ideas??:(

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

can you boot with the xp cd, all the way to where the c: is listed, and run a repair from there??
    no data loss that way

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds