unregistering a .dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by SpAzZqNK, May 27, 2005.

1. SpAzZqNK

SpAzZqNK Private E-2

Hey,
    just wondering how you unregister a dll i know how to when its in system32 files but say it was in C:/ProgramFiles/Toolbar
    how would i direct it there the file im lookin to disable in toolbar is toolbar.dll
    someone explain plz i know everything i just need to know the command to get to certain file

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

So, regsvr32 /u dllname .... to uninstall

3. SpAzZqNK

SpAzZqNK Private E-2

no thats not it this dll is not in system32 file and it needs to be to uninstall with that command.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

have you already tried:
    regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\toolbar\blahblah.dll" ?

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Or just boot into safe mode and then delete that folder....

6. SpAzZqNK

SpAzZqNK Private E-2

lol ya that doesnt work theres a space and cmd prompt wouldnt read that and you cant just boot into safe mode and delete it

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

Why can't ye boot into safe mode and delete it?

If you really want to get rid of it, just boot into recovery console and remove it from there...

At the command prompt, you need to have the "'s as part of the command...otherwise it won't work.....

8. SpAzZqNK

SpAzZqNK Private E-2

dude just please shh your telling me stuff i already know and the reason is because its in process and you cannot delete a file thats processing and i cant just end it cause itll come back and i cant delete the dll cause there is an exe thats using that dll and i cant delete the exe cause its in process with the dll.

9. theefool

theefool Geekified

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4566.html

Perhaps then this will help you.....

Hey, I'm just trying to help. Also, you didn't state what you knew already in the beginning. Or if you did, then I misread your original post. What exactly are you trying to get rid of?

10. SpAzZqNK

SpAzZqNK Private E-2

i basically only stated i wanted to know how to unregister a dll from a certain location.

11. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

This particular program you are referring to is part of the WebSearch Toolbar. Its very bad and should be removed ASAP.

First, look in Add/Remove Programs for anything relating to WebSearch or Toolbar. If you find it, uninstall it. Doing this will unregister and delete any files. It will also stop and remove the service that controls this baddie.

Also, look for WinTools as this comes along with this baddie!

If you have any further problems/questions post in this Spyware Forum and we will get you fixed up.

The directories of these pest are stated below:

C:\Program Files\Toolbar

C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools

12. SpAzZqNK

SpAzZqNK Private E-2

thx bjgarrick
    i have already removaed wintools but im an idiot and never thought to look in uninstall programs lol

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Just to add what the others were saying, cmd DOES recognize spaces, if you use quotes around your path.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds