Unresolvable Stop Error: 0x0000007b (0xf7c7e63c, 0x0000034, 0x0, 0x0)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomfly, Jan 18, 2005.

1. tomfly

tomfly Private E-2

:p
    New build:
    ASUS a7n8x deluxe
    ati all in wonder 9700
    promise sata fasttrak s150 tx4
    amd 3200+
    antec tru 550

Built computer and can not load win xp pro.
    Keep getting stop error even after changing mother board, cpu, testing twin x mem using mem test, changing promise card location in pci, disabling onboard items, trying onboard raid sata etc........

Nothing has helped, can you?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Assuming you have correct settings in BIOS and the XP CD is not damaged, my only guess would be RAM....try a single stick...if no go, try an entirely different (single stick) RAM.

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

are you sure you installed the SATA drivers properly? ... when i installed mine there was 4 different drivers on the floppy ... I forget the names right now but the only difference was *one* letter so i had to research the difference on intels website .. not to mention setting everything in the BIOS correctly

4. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

i might add to look inside your case and write down the number that appears on your south bridges chipset ... because that is the number that the SATA drivers on the floppy are labeled as during the install .. at least mine were IIRC

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

So, we can conclude that it cannot be any of the components by itself. (new motherboard removes hardware defects, changing PCI setup, memtest shows now bad ram...)

It must be a conflict, provided it isn't damaged install media (a scratch on the CD) or a defective HDD. Try loading it with the minimum number of components possible (if you havn't already).

Make sure you get the correct SATA drivers for your chipset/PCI card, since I was working on an install with a friend who got a floppy with the board which had the wrong drivers on it :confused:

6. scouter

scouter Private E-2

dunno if this has already been posted here but yesterday i got windows updater bugging me about windows vista service pack 1 so i installed it then when i went to restart on boot up i get a black screen that starts going through what i supose to be system files then it reaches something like 6500/63000 then gives me the error code 0x0000034 - x64 microsoft windows comct32 v5 resourc... it freezes there and that happens every time i start up. and even though it created a restore point b4 i restarted the computer, when i tr to restore it tells me there isnt a restore point. any help is good help thanks in advance

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Start a new thread; don't add to a thread from 2006.

8. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

DL this if you can so we can both be on the same page:

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/e1876_a7n8x-e_deluxe.pdf

You imply you have 2 x RAM modules please make sure they are in the Blue Slots pp. 2-8. If you have only a single stick it goes in the black slot but a pair go in the blue "slots".

Page 2-21 wants XP with SP1?

BIOS starts at pp. 4-8 and onwards.

Some MOBO are fussy about which SATA port you use so try it in one port....if problem persists then the other port.

On this page are more manuals:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A7N8X-E Deluxe

Hope this starts to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds