Unresponsive "User Profile" settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcsmc, Jul 31, 2013.

1. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi,

I recently had an issue with my user account (I have "backup" user accounts for this very issue, and was able to fix the problem). However, I'd like to backup my user profile just in case things go really wrong later on.

So, I went to:

Right click My Computer, select Properties, Advanced System Settings on the left side, clicked the "Settings" button in the middle under User Profiles. And I get the beautiful circle of "it's screwed up" and then the entire properties window stops responding. Waiting doesn't help, it needs to be force closed. Screenshot attached.

I'd like to fix the unresponsiveness issue, if possible. If not, I'd like an alternate way to backup my user profile (I don't want to "backup" all of the FILES in my user profile, just all of the settings, etc. so I can restore it/copy it to a new user profile if needed).

Screenshot of the problematic window attached. Can anyone help me on this issue please? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. captcha

captcha Private E-2

3. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Thanks. I've used ERUNT but it's been a LONG time! I'd actually forgotten about it.

I forgot to include that I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds