1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual IE Problem.

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by Suzaku, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Suzaku

Suzaku Private E-2

Well, I have an unusual hijack, I THINK it is anyway, it just started the other day to be honest and I'm confused in getting rid of it, nothing seems to work. Having tried a couple of things from Spybot, Ad-Aware, even AOL's Spyware protection / removal. Nothing happens.

Now what does happen is this, and I find it kinda odd. When I open my initial IE browser, everything's fine. Until I close the INITIAL browser. Then what happens? This pop-up appears, directing me to this "ad" site, and it tries to get me to download something from this Odyess marketing company, or I get a "Stopzilla" pop up. Any help would be appreciated please. Thanks. Would I be able to say.. system restore back to before I had to maybe fix it up? Well thanks!
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

System Restore *might* help, but if you have any checkpoints saved, you saved this spyware, so you need to know exactly when it happened.

Spend some time reading and trying the tutorial:

Note it explains disabling system restore and running from safe mode, 2 important steps I think will help you solve this problem.

Check back after your done and let us know.