Update ATI Catalyst to AMD Catalyst?

Discussion in 'Software' started by michlconk, May 24, 2013.

1. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y PC.
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium - 64-bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 925 Quad-Core Processor
    ATI Radeon HD 4350

:confused Should I have updated my ATI Catalyst to AMD Catalyst? I just want to make sure it was the right move.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  2. asies

asies Private E-2

3. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

Thank you. I did that already. It updated my ATI Catalyst to AMD VISION Engine Control Center (AMD Catalyst 13.1). :-o Because the name was different, I wanted to make sure I did the right thing for my PC.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are you having any graphic problems?

IF not then do not update....

If you are then update via HP for your model PC HERE

You can update from ATI HERE but its a unified driver created for most models of graphic card. BUT that also depends on if you have the HP that came with the HD4350 or HD4200 cards?

BUT I would stick with your HP drivers it was my PC, as they are best to run. IF you use Unified drivers and they will in the main work, then if they do then stick to them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds