Update for Windows Media Player 9 Series (KB837272)

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, May 29, 2004.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Update for Windows Media Player 9 Series (KB837272)
    When you copy music media files between Microsoft Windows Media Player and a supported portable device, copy operations may take longer to perform as more items are added to the Media Library.

Quick Info
    File Name:
    WindowsMedia9-KB837272-ENU.exe

Download Size:
    2089 KB

Date Published:
    5/28/2004

Version:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a7-a1a8-4a34-86b4-3cde0c688576&DisplayLang=en

2. NICK ADSL UK

If having downloaded the above file you get this message when you try to run it. All it means is that you have previously installed this update so there is nothing to worry about

Attached Files:

3. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

Hi Nick,
    Read your post about KB837272, wnt to Belarc to check if I had it already , and found it in two locations on Belarc, namely in SP0 and Windows Media Player. read your post about already having it installed, but the date on your thread, ( and on the link) is 28/05/04. yet mine is dated 01/05/04.
    I presume this means I have the correct update?

Harry, (very easily confused with computers LOL)

4. NICK ADSL UK

Hi harry :)
    Yes you will be up to date automatically if you download from the windows update site
    Please see the screen shot of the current version

Attached Files:

5. NICK ADSL UK

The correct entires for the windows media player in the Belarc software should read as follows

Attached Files:

6. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

Thanks Nick, it`s nice to know that I`m doing something right!

7. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

I'm quite surprised. I got two dialogue boxes saying no, no. What do you think is happening?

Attached Files:

8. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

**bump** Any ideas what is happening?

9. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Did you have Windows Media Player open when you ran the program? Did you have any previous installations or updates that had asked for a reboot and you hadn't yet?

10. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Thanks for the reply. No, WMP was not open, just MG. I just d/l WMP 9.0 maybe two/three weeks ago, and I downloaded the codecs at the same time. Two days after I installed WMP 9.0, there was an update at winupdate that I installed. I am not too terribly concerned as WMP 9.0 is working great for me. I just like to keep things updated. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds