update question

Discussion in 'Software' started by slydon, Oct 14, 2012.

1. slydon

slydon Private First Class

I keep getting an important update which always fails to install (8 times so far) . I have tried to install manually to no avail and I can't delete it. What can I do?

Don

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

If this is a Windows update you could try updating in Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode restart and start tapping F8 straight away. Select Safe Mode with Networking.

3. slydon

Yes it is windows 7. It acted like it was going in but didn't. Don

4. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

5. slydon

fix it said it fixed all and no problems remain but the update still won't go in. Don

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

and the KB of the update is?

7. slydon

2754670 Don

8. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Seems you are not alone having this problem, though the FixIt seems to work for most. It's an update for Microsoft Works so if you don't use that - who does? - then you could simply uninstall it.

9. slydon

Thanks for everyones help and I guess I will take your advice and uninstall it
    Don

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds