updates and playing games problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by bobothebionicmonkey, May 23, 2007.

1. bobothebionicmonkey

bobothebionicmonkey Private First Class

My sister's computer has a couple of problems that are completely stumping me. the Windows updates all fail to install, when she puts a music disc in her combo drive it doesn't automatically play like it used to so she has to go to windows media player and hit play to start it, the other problem is that none of her games will start, (one of them she had uninstalled because she got a new expansion which said it was better to uninstall the entire program then install them together) The program she uninstalled will not even go to the screen that asks if she wants to install it.
    I figured that it might was either a problem with the auto run (one of the error messages said it couldn't copy the autorun.EXE) or the problem was with temporary files,
    She found the "Windows XP Autorun Repair Wizard" on your site and ran it to try and fix the problem. the Windows XP Autorun Repair Wizard couldn't solve the problem but gave us a report, the attachment is a .txt file. I have no idea how to read this thing so maybe one of you guys could explain what is going on with my computer and can help me fix it.

Thanks very much.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds