Updating firmware on a Dlink router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Calundann, May 1, 2003.

1. Calundann

Calundann Private E-2

Does anyone know how to update the firmware on a D-link DI-804 router ? On the Dlink homepage they say that I have to open my web browser and go into the web configuration and click the "System tools" menu and select "Upgrade firmware", but there is no such menu ??

Does anyone have some links for a page that has some guides on setting up the firewall settings ?

2. Draith

Draith Private E-2

Hey there,

OK, I don't know the specific models off the top of my head, but i assume this is universal for them, anyway, whether it's a wireless router or a regular router you will definitely need to do the firmware upgrade from a computer that has a direct wire connection to the router.

Now the rest is conjecture on my part. I assume it requires for you to first download the firmware upgrade onto the computer, and then you can log into the web utility on the browser so that now the menu should appear if it ain't there. If it's still not, check to see if you have any web filter programs going on. Otherwise, maybe you have to run the upgrade directly from the file.

Either way, I would highly recommend checking their support site for more information, possibly even a web forum. I haven't been there in a while so I don't remember what's on there.

None the less, I hope whatever information I gave you is helpful.
    o Draith

3. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

that menu should be in the router, I've done it on a dlink 614, they prety much have the same menu setup. You might want to try finding an installer that you just point to an IP address and put in the password. SMC had a utility like that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds