Updating Program Setups

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hachu, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Hachu

Hachu Private E-2

I wanted to have a folder full of .exe setups for programs that i install on my customers computer regularly, like anti-virus setups and browsers setups all .exes. But there is a problem, i have a lot of setups and often times there are a lot of updates every week, and i have to go and manually delete and update them to a newer setup. So my question is, is there a program that can keep my .exe set-ups up to date and download and delete the old for me, dam i would be happy with just telling my which are out dated , but it replacing it itself would be nice, any ideas, or programs in mind?

I honesty cant write one my self and don't know how to, is there one or a simple way to achieve this?Remember these are not installed programs but the program setups.

Thanks
    Chris

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I don't think there is any application that does that automatically for you. You may have to continue to do it manually. :cool

The easiest way - of course - is to watch http://www.majorgeeks.com/ the first thing every morning, and you know exactly what's new today...

However, there are several applications that will notify you if any of your installed applications have updates, e.g.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds