upgrade advice for dell inspiron

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jrsimpson, Oct 22, 2009.

1. jrsimpson

jrsimpson Private E-2

I have dell with the E4600 Intel duo core processor, 2.4 ghtz, 4 g of memory. Is it feesable to upgrade the processor? I'd also like to upgrade the graphics but I can't seem to find what card is in the system now. I know the factory never installs much of a card.

Regards,
    J. Simpson :-D

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What model Dell do you have as looking at the tech specs for that model can tell alot of infor like Motherboard used, this then gives a clue as to what CPUs can be used and also will tell us what graphic card or if onboard video is used?

You could if you find it difficult to find the model of the DELL follow the below

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Also, it would help to know what you mainly use your computer for.

4. jrsimpson

jrsimpson Private E-2

hello halo,
    thanks for respondig, the report is attached. Also I would like to use my system for some gaming.
    Regards,
    jim

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Erm, try the attach again Jim.;)

6. jrsimpson

jrsimpson Private E-2

Hello Again,
    Dell inspiron 530
    I'd like to use my system for gaming too.

The file was too big, so I reduced it. Hope this will suffice.
    Regards,
    Jim S.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds