Upgrade my ram....400MH vs 330MH

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greybuffalo, Oct 30, 2012.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

Hi,
    as I only have 1gb of ram,I sought to double it,so i did the Crucial test http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=91D4484C31D926C3 (my results) and carefully ordered the new piece.however,it says nothing about MH,now this one I recieved is 330 and my current one after pulling it out is 400MH :cry
    So I now take it,that the MH have to be the same :cry otherwise the system will not work?as it is not working now ..............will not boot?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi , maybe your ram will work is the minimum speed namely at 330 ghz , your computer running well or not my fellow ? :wave

3. greybuffalo

sorry, didn't understand your reply :confused

4. falconattack

Hi my friend , maybe your ram will works in the minimum speed at 330 mhz because your motherboard will balanced your ram's frequency , your computer works now or not ? :wave

5. greybuffalo

Hi ,
    no,if I add that new ram to my other blue slot,it won't boot.
    Say's "select boot method) How do I get it too boot in last known good configuration?
    When I purchased,I carefully(due to a disastrous experience, meltdown) stuck the wrong ram in an old computer.
    So this time,I carefully matched everything,but I never noticed the mhz.
    So you are telling me that,if they are matched but slightly different mhz,it should work? :)

6. falconattack

Sometimes motherboard doesn't recognize two different frequency type of ram , what is the type of your ram ( ddr3 , ddr2 ) ? What is their manufacturer ? You must boot up pressing F2 , F8 or Del entering to Advanced Options there is the last known configuration option , what is your motherboard ? Yes depends from your motherboard if works or not ( but if works together the frequency will drop to the smaller ram ( in our case at 333 mhz ) :wave

7. greybuffalo

Sorted...............

it is now working,
    I changed the old ram with the new one and put the old one in the new slot...hey presto :-D
    Thanks for your input

8. falconattack

Re: Sorted...............

I am glad about this , thank you for the feedback :wave

9. greybuffalo

Upgraded my ram....

from 2GB to 4GB,but how do I know if the other two new ones are working ? see here this critical snapshot and system :)
    Does not seem like they are active,I know I got the right ones,2 x 1GB PC2700 PC2100 MEMORY DDR333 RAM HIGH DENSITY Desktop Memory 184PIN DIMM,Non ECC and I put them in correctly,and can I feel the different speed,well I'm not quite sure??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  10. greybuffalo

Re: Upgraded my ram....

Disregard this message please

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds