upgrade possible, wanna play newer PC games, REPORT attached

Discussion in 'Software' started by thevintagegamer, Mar 16, 2009.

1. thevintagegamer

thevintagegamer Private E-2

**possible to upgrade, 2 a DuelCore or enough to play some of the Newer PC games**

Hey everyone, i'm not all that computer savvy, so i thought i'd see what you guys thought, i just bought this computer off a friend of mine, he had it pretty screwed up.. but i got it working at least to get an everest report, i wanna know if its possible to upgrade my processor to a duel core, or at least capable of playing some of the newer PC games, such as BioShock and COD4... is it possible

Thanks so much!
    TvG

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Need to attach the log, but we wont need the full one which may send the file over the attachemnt max size so run it as below and steps to attach are in below link too, the log will give us the main parts in that if the motherboard does not support Dual Core then you will be near enough looking at a new PC build if you wish to play those sorts of games with any sort of smoothness and playability.

Install Everest and run
    Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. thevintagegamer

Hey sorry, i don't know why it didn't post the first time, anyways here is the report, Thanks again!

Attached Files:

4. thevintagegamer

Here is the short summery report, sorry about so many posts, new to this, Thanks again..

Attached Files:

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Well, just from a quick look of the specs here I don't think you can do much more with that rig. Wait for a smarter person first.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds